Friday, January 3, 2020

Blog #300: WQ6X Blast from the Past: ARRL RTTY RU


In the overall scheme of things I am a relative newbie to RTTY contest involvement; only 9 years
of actually doing it.  In preparation for this weekend's upcoming RTTY Roundup (RU), I took a look
down the memory track, revisiting the many RTTY RU events that have happened to include me.
Here is what I discovered:

My initial RTTY exposure happened thanks to N6GEO involving me in various RTTY
events during the 2011, 2012 & 2013 contest season.
  • [x] - 2014 Our EPIC 1st-place worldwide win as WP2/WQ6X (see above OP pic)
  • [x] - 2015 - N6GEO & WQ6X dual-OP another RTTY RU operation
  • [x] - 2016 - WQ6X Ron runs RTTY RU Remotely and Robustly
  • [x] - 2017 - WQ6X runs RTTY RU Remotely to open 2017 contest season
  • [x] - 2018 - WQ6X runs RTTY RU Routinely but Remotely
  • [x] - 2019 - WQ6X Rips another Remote RTTY RU 1st place from San Diego

As you can see - I have participated in a wide variety of RTTY RU activities over 9 years.  RTTY GiGs are a favorite with me because there is no wear/tear on my voice and I don't have to copy code in my head.  When running remotely, even if there is an internet "hiccup", the data is still on the computer screen in Fallbrook waiting for a reconnect to pick up where we left off.

For the 2020 contest year, I will be working with a handful of operators (some remote, some B-i-C)
to put NX6T on as a Multi-Single operation from Fallbrook (SDG Section); in between, I will be running WQ6X from East Bay (EB) Section, testing the recently updated WQ6X Lazy 8JK
Inverted Vee.

Do you play around in the ARRL's RTTY RU Contest?
Is WQ6X, N6GEO or NX6T in YOUR LoG?

C U in RTTY RU for 2020.

    de WQ6X

No comments:

Post a Comment