Monday, September 2, 2024

Even FURTHER Reasons YOU Should NoT Call Me

This BLOG Entry is continuation of a late-August tradition, posting yet another installment of why YOU [probably] should NoT call me.  The most obvious backdrop for this are the State QSO Parties - in particular: COQP and TNQP, rounding out the Labor Day weekend.

On May 15, I posted a compendium on the subject of Why YOU Should NoT Call me ([CLICK HERE] to review that stuff).  Here are some things that come to mind from this last weekend's COQP and TNQP State QSO Parties.

  • Stations calling in from W6 / W7 are often louder than the WEAK QSO Party stations (often mobile) that are calling in on my run frequency.
  • A K5 station calls in - I press F-11 "COQP only" - he sends a LENGTHY 73 message obliterating the other calling stations.
  • While running a frequency on 7.039, in retaliation for my sending "TNQP only", the run frequency became a member of the NTF - National Tuneup Frequency
  • If I work the station ("you're 5-NINE, California") and other stations hear that, then they are motivated to call in like the first idiot.  Pressing F-11 is an attempt to remedy that situation.
  • Or, I can just call CQ as if he can't beard.  The problem here is that the idiot might keep calling in, obliterating the weaker desired stations.
  • When I call CQ in an other state QSO Party I sign WQ6X/6 so that it is properly spotted by the (RBN) Reverse Beacon Network.  I follow this with WQ6X /CA (notice the SPACE), to further reiterate the fact that I am NoT in the state I am calling CQ to work.

If I signed WQ6X/CA (w/o the space), it might generate conflicting RBN entries.

You've read all of my diatribes detailing reasons why other stations should [probably] NoT call me.

What are YOUR Thoughts on all this?


No comments:

Post a Comment