Thursday, August 31, 2023

Sometimes just showing up... Part IV

























Thus far, I have written THREE Blogs on this topic.  ([CLICK HERE] to read Part III - with links
to the earlier Blogs.)  I was prompted to create a Part IV by the receipt of yet another 7QP QSO
Party plaque: this time for my remotely run non-W7 Mixed mode QRP operation from KN6NBT's station - using the NX6T's Tower #2 (originally in Fallbrook) - that has been moved to atop the hill
in Ramona (So. California).

Making it all happen involved a number of "LittLe ThinGs" happening correctly at the right time,
in the correct relationship to other things going on.  Some of these things include:
  • Calling CQ a lot, using the RBN (Reverse Beacon Network) as a gauge on whether
    the antenna(s) were pointed in the most efficacious direction for that time of day and
    that frequency band.
  • The station in Ramona is set up with the N1MM+ logging software sending the current score information to the Online ScoreBoard website.  Seeing the WQ6X score in relation to others (not just QRP, but multi-OP as well), contributed to deciding when and on WHAT band to S&P.
  • Because I was also putting in a few hours remote for NX6T (running remote from Anza),
    I chose time-blocks that would maximize operating effectiveness for BOTH the NX6T
    and WQ6X operations.
  • WQ6X Software sponsored two 1st-place plaques for the 7QP, which found me more "invested" in a successful 7QP Party.  Then as it turned out, I won the sponsored plaque for the QRP-Mixed operating category.
  • Posting the final WQ6X score on the 3830Scores website offered up a reason to monitor the end-score submissions as well as sharing the WQ6X.Blogspot.com link, enabling the
    other stations to read my take on what actually happened - at least from the perspective
    of a Ramona operation.
In case you think that taking 1st-place in a radiosport contest operation is all about LUCK,
remember what Thomas Jefferson had to say about LUCK:

I'm a GREAT Believer in Luck. 
  However, I quickly discovered that the HARDER
  I work, the more Luck I Experience " 


What about YOU?  

Do YOU Feel Lucky? 

Are YOU willing to do what it takes to get Lucky?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment