Monday, May 29, 2023

WQ6X FAKES another FLQP QSO Party


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This year, the month of April gave us 5-weekends, giving the Florida QSO Party
(FQP) it's own unique weekend.  It could well be argued that I actually spent more
time  researching Florida counties and the FQP event than I actually spent in the
operator chair looking for Floridians and scoping out internet bandmap SPOTs.


LooKing up the callsigns
of various non-Floridian stations who ran county expeditions from needed Florida counties, I came up with the CW Forever graphic (left) as it was submitted by W9MET. 

 

QRZ.Com is like a box of chocolates - Ya' never know what'cher gonna GiT.  While I am an ardent
Cw fan, although I don't personally use decoder hardware/software, I defend other operators right to
do so; what is MOST important is that the message be decoded (and passed on if necessary) - the means used to accomplish that aim, are in fact - SECONDARY.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it was all over, WQ6X managed a WHOPPING 35 QSOs in the log on 20,
15 & 10 (40 and 80 don't open well for left-coasters before the contest ending time). 
Fortunately, we get another shot at Florida on Sunday morning to early afternoon;
unfortunately, we still never get a 40-meter opening on the Left Coast.

Just like I said above, it would seem that I spent more time preparing for and writing this
BLOG entry than actually working the Florida QSO Party - GO Figure.  Oh Well.  Nevertheless,
I learned a LoT about Florida county layout; and as we say every year - "There's always next year".




DiD YOU Work the FQP Florida QSO Party?



How many Florida counties made it into
YOUR LoG?


No comments:

Post a Comment