Wednesday, May 6, 2020

If You're Gonna DoIt, then DOIT Right

In recent years, out of seeming-nowhere an envelope appears at my P.O. Box or an unexpected e-Mail arrives, delivering another 1st-place certificate from the previous year's state QSO parties. 
I have won 1st-place awards submitting logs with less than 10 QSOs.  I guess Woody Allen was
right - "sometimes just showing up is over 1/2 of the game".
 
In the olden daze, I used to screw around in state QSO parties; because back then I didn't really
"take it seriously", I rarely sent in a log.  Then I discovered that careless attitude cost me being awarded a lot of high-place finish certificates; all that was needed was taking 5 minutes to post
a score on the 3830 Scores website and e-mail a file attachment of the .Log file for a given event.

The important point to understand in all this is NoT WQ6X that  was the BEST Single-OP in these events, only that I submitted the highest scoring log for that category.  Often, other participants made WaY more QSOs but either they failed to submit a log or for whatever reason, the log was disqualified or made a Checklog, giving WQ6X a 1st-place for that event.

Next time you participate in a state QSO Party and don't feel like submitting a log, then what is
the point of playing at all?  No matter how well you do, your log is important to the contest result committees.  Go ahead - submit that log and possibly YOU TOO can receive a 1st-place when
you don't expect it.

Look for WQ6X to play around in DOZENS of State QSO Parties this year.

Then in October, look for WQ6X (or a 1x1 callsign) in the California QSO Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment