Monday, July 19, 2021

WQ6X Barely makes Marconi Cw GiG Memorable

This was one of those off-beat mixed-back radiosport weekend, as the DL-DX RTTY shared
24 hours with the Marconi Memorial Cw Contest (colloquially known as MMC).  During the 2020
DL-DX+Marconi weekend, I ran Both contests as NX6T, while squeaking a pair of QSOs into the WQ6X Concord Log.

This year, with Nashville now history, running RTTY from WA6TQT in Anza has not yet been facilitated.  At least I was allowed to run the Marconi GiG at 100 watts.  For the DL-DX GiG, the FT-1000mp ran flawless RTTY, 'cept only 2 signals were heard at the Concord location - GO Figure.

While I truly MISS the Nashville operation for many reasons, the Anza station more than doubles the ASL and gives me access to stacked yagi's for the high bands and stacked 3-element Stepp-IR's for 40, as well as a 4-Square and 3-Square directional antenna system for 80 & 160 meters respectively.

Remote operating, while wonderful, also has it's caveats.  Once in awhile, dropped bits to/from the Elecraft K3/0 may cause the receive audio to DOUBLE in amplitude, waking me up from my sound snoozing.  It's a weird thing to hear my voice thru the K3/0 monitor (via the internet), however if I am ALSO listening to the NX6T signal live with my FT-1000mp in Concord, I am amazed at how "slow" that 0.5-sec internet latency actually is.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it was Finally ALL Over, 132 hard-earned QSOs closed-out the log.
As the SFI Index ebbs and flows in the high 70's (and beyond) we experiencing a revisit
to the 20-meters of years ago, when 20 would be open virtually all night.

 


Anytime I feel Down after a radiosport GiG, I have discovered that color BAR Graph screens help put it all into perspective. 

Revisiting the Hour / Band breakdown allows me to reevaluate the high and not-so-high points during my operating time.

DiD YOU play around in the MARCONI & DL-DX GiG?


Is (by miracle of miracles) WQ6X in YOUR Log?


No comments:

Post a Comment