Tuesday, July 20, 2021

8 things I do after EVERY Radiosport Weekend

A couple of years ago (July 2019) I wrote a Blog entitled: "7 things I do after EVERY Radiosport Weekend".  That blog remains complete, with the information contained valid even MORE today.  However, there is one after-contest activity I've been spending MORE time with:
The RBN (Reverse Beacon Network) facility.

What I find it curious that the RBN spots my callsign(s) all over the country and yet there are
evidently no operators listening on those band where I've been spotted.  In reverse, during
the NAQP RTTY GiG last weekend, while there were virtually NO RBN spots when calling
"CQ NAQP" on 10-meters, QSOs were made with nearly a DOZEN stations on the east
coast and several points in between (CO & MO).

One of the advantages  to "backward looking" by way of the RBN is that I am less prone to self-invalidation for low QSO counts.  If the RBN spots declare I am being heard, then we gotta find
some way to motivate operators to check all the bands, as well as Calling CQ.

([CLICK HERE]) to  view the latest WQ6X RBN Stats.

What Do YOU Think?

Do YOU utilize RBN statistics?
What have YOUR results been like?


No comments:

Post a Comment