Monday, July 26, 2021

Is there Value in Documenting Contest Activity?

Back in August of 2015, with nearly 2 1/2 years of Blog writing behind me, I was prompted to
make a response to N9RV's Op-Ed piece in the March/April 2015 issue of the  National Contest Journal (NCJ).  While my response was quite clear, today, after the disappointing IOTA contest,
I am again visiting the above question.

WQ6X Contest Blog entries entries (like my Facebook page) comprise a sort of diary of my radiosport activities, amongst other things.  From time to time, I take a look back at various kinds of operations I've been a part of since the Blog's beginnings in 2013.  The most recent was a BLAST from the PAST regarding the IOTA contest itself.

Every Cabrillo log file I submit has a URL link to http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.  It was from the Blog write-up for the IOTA GiG that got me to thinking about the various variety of radiosport activities
that I've played around in since about 1996 (25 years ago).

For WQ6X, radiosport is immensely enjoyable.  Taking the time to document each event keeps
me connected with the process now as well as they way it was 20+ years ago.  It also gives you
(the Blog reader) an opportunity share in my memories and relive where YOU were during a given radiosport event.

Six additional years of Contest Blog writing has certainly confirmed there is plenty of value to be had from documenting each contest event, as well as the events leading up to each event.

What about YOU?

Do YOU document your contest operations?

If NoT, WHY Knot?

If So, please send me a link to your work.

I can also link to it from the WQ6X Contest Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment