Tuesday, May 5, 2020

WQ6X Offers Further PROOF that - "You Should NoT Call Me!"

This last weekend found me a part of what I call the Cinco de Contest weekend (the last two years May 5th was on the weekend).  While I will be writing up this weekend in a separate BLOG Entry, egregious violations of the "You Should NoT Call ME" "Rule" prompted the writing of this current BLOG Entry.

You may recall the previous BLOG Entries on the subject of "why you should NoT call me".
  1. [x] - 7 Reasons You [probably] Should Not Call Me - Part 1
  2. [x] - 7 Reasons You [probably] Should Not Call Me - Part 2
 This weekend running NX6T remotely (STN-2), after all of the QSO Party Spots were worked
on a given band, I would then call CQ for the QSO parties using one of the following formats:
  • CQ 7QP  NX6T/6  NX6T/CA
    - OR -
  • CQ NEQP  NX6T/6  NX6T/CA
    - OR -
  • CQ QP  NX6T/6  NX6T/CA
Let's decipher what all this means:
  • "CQ QP" - any variation on this means that I want to hear from any calling station who
    is working that SPECIFIC QSO Party contest.
  • "NX6T/6" - this means that my callsign is NX6T and that I am in the 6TH call area.
  • "NX6T/CA" - this means that my callsign is NX6T and that I am in CALIFORNIA.
Now, based on the above, it should be unnecessary on my part to remind you that this weekend, my QTH was NoT in the Northwest (7th call area) or New England (1st call area) Delaware (3rd call area) or Indiana (9th call area).

I say all this because my QSO Party CQ calls resulted in well over 60+ callers NoT in those QSO parties who BLINDLY called me.  On Cw because it takes too long to explain the problem, I would
just send " 5NN CA", use Ctrl-W to WIPE their callsign and then press F3 to send "TU NX6T/6". 
On Ssb, when working the 7QP Contest, the .WAV file would CLEARLY state that I am in California.  When "Billy Bob" (from the 4th or 5th call area) calls in I would ask "are you in the 7th call area?"
and be greeted with silence or confused stuttering.

For this last weekend, rather than giving a discourse on WHEN you SHOULD call me, I shall explain when you SHOULDN'T call me, using the 7QP QSO Party as the example; the same points apply to the NEQP, DEQP & INQP.
  1. Have You read the RULES for the QSO Party? - If NoT, then You should NoT Call Me. 
    If You HAVE read the rules, then you know that I am listening for callers ONLY in: WA,
    OR, MT, ID, UT, WY, NV, therefore, You should NoT Call Me.
  2. Do You know that CA is in the 6th call area and NoT the 7th? - If NoT,
    then You should NoT Call Me.
  3. Do You know what /6 means? - If NoT, then You should NoT Call Me.
  4. Do You know what /CA means? - If NoT, then You should NoT Call Me.
  5. There is NOTHING WORSE than a caller being significantly off frequency with horribly
    choppy Cw, requiring several repeats on their callsign, only to find out that they are a DUPE
    or not in the 7th call area.  WHAT a COMPLETE WASTE of MY TIME.
  6. Stations like N5RGH called in 3-times on 20 meters alone.  What was his point in doing that? Did he have a reason for calling me?  Was EACH contact actually entered in some sort of log?
Here's the bottom line - if you're bored and want stations to communicate with, go to the WA7BNM Contest Calendar, look up this weekend and click on the rules for a given contest event.  Before you know it, you will be contesting like a pro.  Otherwise, blindly calling contest stations when you are NoT actively participating in that event will leave you and everyone else FRUSTRATED.

Can I make it anymore clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment